Monday

Singaporeans are studying for degrees for the WRONG REASONS?



Saw this comment in a forum....

"They should be studying because they want to become more knowledgeable and more learned.

In real developed countries like the USA, people study for degrees because they are interested in becoming more knowledgeable. Which is why there are lots of people studying history, geography, literature, liberal arts, etc

In Singapore, they don't study out of interest, nor do they study because they want to be more knowledgeable, but for other reasons."

I do not agree, I got a degree to get a good job and "upgraded" my status in this society.

Thanks to the income I am earning as a degree holder, I am able to move from being a citizen living in a rented one room flat to a condo. I am able to give my children a better life than what my parents gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment