Thursday

My story of how I lost $27,000 investing in stocks....



Here's a story I read from a forum which caught my attention...

"Over the past few years, I have saved up 30k month by month contribution of $300-400

I got greedy and I wanted to look for an easy way to get rich

My first attempt was investing in genting in 2012 Nov and I sold it at 19% profit in 2013 Feb

My second attempt was investing the principal sum + profits from genting on we holdings. I enter at 0.184 and I was sure that it will rise to 20odd cents very soon. I thought it would be like a second blumont and I don't want to miss another golden opportunity

Today we holdings is at 0.015 and I had paper loss of 27k

My strategy now is I try to save as much money as possible and use them to buy more of we holdings.

In feb this year, I buy we holdings at 0.028 and sold at 0.031 and earned back 10% of my investment of $140odd

I despise myself because I was so stupid and greedy. If I weren't in the first place, I will not get into this mess..."

A reminder of the potential risk involved in investing...

No comments:

Post a Comment